Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MiniPlayer not showing track info

Since updating my iTunes to 11.1.4.62, my MiniPlayer no longer shows the track information (artist, title, album). Instead, the control/navigation is constantly shown, as if I was always hovering my cursor over the MiniPlayer:

User uploaded file

I tried doing a quick search for solutions to this and found several people had this problem in the past and other users suggested:

• Pressing tab until the navigation was no longer selected. « I tried this and it did not work. Sounds like this fixed the problem for many people, but I'm not sure if this was for an older version or if it was a solution only for Mac computers.
  • Going to System Preferences > Keyboard > Keyboard Shortcuts and then turning off "All Controls". « This also seemed to fix the issue for many users. After doing a bit of digging, I found out that this was a Mac setting. I am a PC user.

I can't be the only person having this issue. Does anybody have any ideas about how to fix this on a PC? I am a live gaming streamer and using the iTunes Mini Player was an integral part of my my graphic overlay. I would like to continue to use it, but may have to switch to another player if my viewers cannot see my track info. Please help!

Windows 7

Posted on Feb 17, 2014 10:13 PM

5 replies

Feb 20, 2014 8:44 AM in response to chewychipotle

Hello there ChewyChipotle,

It sounds like your mini player is not showing your track info despite what you have tried already. I recommend starting by checking for 3rd party plug ins that may be incompatible with the latest version of iTunes you have installed:

iTunes: Troubleshooting issues with third-party iTunes plug-ins

http://support.apple.com/kb/ts3430

If that is not the culprit, I would next try removing iTunes from your computer, and its associated softwares in the order outlined in this article:

Removing and reinstalling iTunes and other software components for Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1923

Game on!

Sterling

Feb 20, 2014 9:58 AM in response to sterling r

Hey Sterling,

Thanks for responding to my issue.

I tried troubleshooting for third-party plug-ins, but it did not solve the issue (I didn't have any third-party plug-ins installed).

I also tried removing and reinstalling iTunes (both the latest version and the previous version I had been using before) and all of its other software components. It still did not solve the issue. Do you have any other ideas as to what the issue could be?

- Chewy

May 22, 2014 4:31 AM in response to chewychipotle

Hello, I don't know where to post this but I will post it here. When using mini player, I want to hide the song info when the album artwork tile is there. I only want the song info to appear when I hover the mosue over the mini player. It happened once before but I don't know how and I want to know if there is a way that this can happen. Does anybody know how to do this?

MiniPlayer not showing track info

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.