Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can windows updates cause itunes to not open?

Posted on Feb 17, 2014 9:49 PM

5 replies

Feb 18, 2014 9:48 AM in response to tk8lee

getting confused now. Tried to open again and message said itunes was set to run an a compatibility mode for an earlier version of windows and I should change the compatibility mode. Don't know how to change compatibility mode.Then it opens but the window is too large on my screen. Does this make sense?

Message was edited by: tk8lee

Feb 18, 2014 11:00 AM in response to tk8lee

Tried to open again and message said itunes was set to run an a compatibility mode for an earlier version of windows and I should change the compatibility mode. Don't know how to change compatibility mode.Then it opens but the window is too large on my screen. Does this make sense?

That's consistent with an odd display setting being chosen in the compatibility tab ... if you're still getting that after the reinstall, try the following document, only be sure that none of the boxes in the compatibility tab are checked (not just the compatibility mode box itself):

iTunes for Windows: How to turn off Compatibility Mode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.