Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bluetooth disappeared overnight.

I am not sure what is going on here....I have a 2009 Pro, with BT on it; I have used it until yesterday evening, with my creative D200 speakers.

10 minutes ago I decided to turn on the speakers, and I have noticed that the BT icon on the status bar, says "BT not available"

So I told myself that maybe something strange is going on; I check the control panel, and there is no BT (it was there, I have used it so I remember it 🙂 ); but the scary part is that there is no BT in the hardware system info pane.

On the BT hardware, it says "no information found"

I tried to trace back what I did, and the only thing that I did was the install of drivers to connect via USB to one of these SOC mini computers; they are both network drivers that allow you to connect to this board via USB and see it as if it was attached to your network.

I would exclude a hardware failure, I have not heard of any case like that, where the BT just died, and the computer works just fine....I don't know if the card is on the logic board or separated, but before considering a hardware failure I would like to be sure that I have analyzed all the cases.

I run Mavericks; no updates available so I have the latest and greatest.

Did anyone experienced anything like this? The drivers BTW are HoRNDIS (kext to do tethering via USB with ARM devices) and FTDI USB serial driver; they both came with the board, and are suggested install to be able to use the board. Not sure if they are what caused this, but I would expect a sort of error message or hardware/driver conflict, if they were in fact the culprit.

I am continuing to investigate, any info is more than welcome.

Posted on Feb 18, 2014 12:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 18, 2014 12:57 AM

Bluetooth adaptor is separated small logic board which connected on motherboard.

Resetting NVRAM could solve the problem.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1379?viewlocale=en_US

http://myrightbrain.wordpress.com/2008/02/25/reinstating-a-missing-bluetooth-dev ice-mac-os-x/

3 replies

Bluetooth disappeared overnight.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.