Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can use Midi to record each pieces of drums?? TD15kv

hi everyone I am come from HK and I have something to ask

I am playing drums with my Roland TD15KV and now i want to recorded by Garageband

And as i know midi can record but I want to know that can I record by my own 'drum sound' but not in default drum sound?

Also when I recorded just have ONE track only thats with all the kit sound(snare,tom,bass,crash etc..)

So can I record by different track with each kit? Thats one track justy for snace and another track just for bass etc..

In my mac setting-> sound It isnormaly can see I have already connet with midi input and output? Its beacuse I cant see anything thing that shows me its already conneted

please help me thanks:)

MacBook Pro

Posted on Feb 18, 2014 2:18 AM

5 replies

Feb 18, 2014 9:57 AM in response to Fannyling

You should be able to make a new track, hit the line input/mic, and then go to drums/percussion and find the type of drum you will record. You can EQ each track before or after you record your drums. It won't be perfect, but you may just want to have a track with just audio (that'll pick up the MIDI signal yet won't skew any of the recording coming in. MIDI allows for the sound that comes out of the drums to be recorded. But I would go with the first option.

Make a new track and select the drum you want to record. (go for the natural setting)

Record it.

EQ on GarageBand to your liking of what kind of drum you want to hear. (a tad tedious but can be done)

Hope this helps!

Feb 18, 2014 12:17 PM in response to Fannyling

If you want to record the Roland drum sounds you need to connect a audio output or headphone out on the drum module to the mac's audio input or a interface. You then need to create a real instrument track just like you would with recording any audio. The only way to record different drums to different tracks would be to do them one at a time.

Can use Midi to record each pieces of drums?? TD15kv

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.