Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem with iPhoto

I had a problem with my hard drive after i tried to open iPhoto - I took my Macbook to the Apple shop and they had to wipe the hard-drive as there had been a software problem and then they installed OS Mavericks. When i now try and load iphoto from the App store it is telling me i have to pay for it. Is there anyway i can get this free as i had it previously?

Thank you

Denise

Macbook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.6), Ipad, Iphone 3GS, Apple TV (G1)

Posted on Feb 18, 2014 5:54 AM

1 reply

Feb 18, 2014 6:08 AM in response to denise68

When i now try and load iphoto from the App store it is telling me i have to pay for it.

Which iPhoto version did you have previously and did you buy it?

If iPhoto '11 came preinstalled on your Mac, sign into the Appstore with your AppleID you used to set up your mac originally, and then look at the "Purchased" page of the AppStore. Is iPhoto there ready to download?

If your Mac came with SnowLeopard install disks and iPhoto '11, use the second disk with the bundled software to reinstall iPhoto '11, iMovie '11, GarageBand. Don't try to run iPhoto, before you have used Software update to update to a Mavericks compatible version.

If you had an earlier version of iPhoto 09 or earlier, you need to buy the new iPhoto 9.5.1 to have a version, that is fully compatible with Mavericks and iCloud.

-- Léonie

Problem with iPhoto

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.