Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I need local sync, how do I downgrade to Mountain Lion or Lion?

I make the mistack of upgrading to Mavericks without knowing that I would no longer be able to local sync (USB lead) my iPhone 3G Contacts and Notes using iTunes.

How do I downgrade to Mountain Lion or Lion to get local sync back?

Posted on Feb 18, 2014 5:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 18, 2014 6:03 AM

Here's a reference: How to revert OS X back from Mavericks: Apple Support Communities

3 replies

Feb 18, 2014 6:34 AM in response to Grant Lenahan

I thought it was iTunes and so downgraded to iTunes 10 That's when I found out that it's not an iTunes issue.

iTunes uses part of the OS, (SyncServices) to do iPhone sync esp keeping the Notes.app in sync and (SyncServices) have been removed from Mavericks.

Yes I technley(sorry for the spelling sometimes my dyslexer.... ) I could sync using iCloud for some there are very real resions for not using iCloud. For me I just don't trust Apple "once bitten twice shy" I invested a lot into using MobileMe just to have the plug pulled by Apple to move to iCloud. This could happen again.

I need local sync, how do I downgrade to Mountain Lion or Lion?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.