Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 5s screen is white with black apple and flashes; does not respond to restart or reset options; help??

iphone 5 s screen is blinking white with black apple and that's all

cannot use the restart or reset functions

iPhone 5s, iOS 7.0.3

Posted on Feb 18, 2014 5:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 18, 2014 5:31 AM

When you say reset, did you do the reboot by holding both the power and home buttons until the apple logo appears, ignoring the red slider if that appears? If so and there is no resolution, have you tried to restore the iPhone using the computer and iTunes used to set it up? If that does not work, take it to an Apple store genius bar and have the techs check it out for hardware failure.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 18, 2014 5:31 AM in response to sarah0766

When you say reset, did you do the reboot by holding both the power and home buttons until the apple logo appears, ignoring the red slider if that appears? If so and there is no resolution, have you tried to restore the iPhone using the computer and iTunes used to set it up? If that does not work, take it to an Apple store genius bar and have the techs check it out for hardware failure.

Feb 18, 2014 9:22 AM in response to sarah0766

thank you; I think I've got it now; When I tried to reboot, I never got the red slided to power down phone. And pressing power and home buttons only made the white screen go away for approx 3-5 seconds then it was back.

I believe the problem is that I never set it up with my iTunes acct - Best Buy recently transferred my data for me to this new phone and I never got around to syncing with my acct. So, it finally got fed up and did this. Phone plugged in to computer now and iTunes is downloading updates.

Thanks for your help, Sarah

iphone 5s screen is white with black apple and flashes; does not respond to restart or reset options; help??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.