Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How come I am unable to log into iMessage on my iMac?

It's been working perfectly fine until I added a new e-mail to my iMessage on my iPhone 5S. But I thought that that was maybe the problem so I decided to remove the email from iMessage. And once I did, nothing had changed. I am still getting this message everytime I try to sign into iMessage on my iMac:

"Your Apple ID "xxxxxxxx@xxxxx.com" can't be used to set up iMessage at this time.", and it says to contact customer support. Does anyone know how to fix this issue??? I tried calling the number that they gave me but it says that I need AppleCare JUST to talk to them on how to fix it...This is the part I don't like about Apple and their technical support.

I even noticed that it won't even let me log into FaceTime anymore.

Please help, I really want to use my iMac to its full potential again.

OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Feb 18, 2014 8:42 AM

2 replies

Feb 18, 2014 1:38 PM in response to SupaDupaFlyBoi

Hi,

If you are getting the message to Contact Support there is no other option.

When Mountain Lion first came out and you got this message it did appear to get sorted for free.

Start here

http://www.apple.com/uk/support/itunes/

Click the Contact Support at the bottom of the menu

In the next page use the right hand Pane and the iTunes Store link.

after that generally follow "Manage Account" type links.

The process is "trying to answer questions" but you will eventually be offered an email Link.

Use that and explain the issue.

Generally the issue tends to be something specific about your account that only Apple Support can change.

User uploaded file

9:38 pm Tuesday; February 18, 2014

 iMac 2.5Ghz 5i 2011 (Mavericks 10.9)
 G4/1GhzDual MDD (Leopard 10.5.8)
 MacBookPro 2Gb (Snow Leopard 10.6.8)
 Mac OS X (10.6.8),
 Couple of iPhones and an iPad

How come I am unable to log into iMessage on my iMac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.