Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't send text to android device

My daughter recently switched from an iPhone to an android device. I am unable to send her a text message because my iPhone 4 still has here phone number listed as an iPhone. We've removed her iPhone from both iTunes and iCloud. I've deleted an dreaded her contact info multiple times a a mobile number and restarted my phone multiple times, all to no avail. There has to be a way around this problem without turning on 'Send as SMS if iMessage in not available'. Is Apple really that shortsighted? I'd be great full if anyone can help.

Thanks

Phil

iPhone 4, iOS 5.1

Posted on Feb 18, 2014 9:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 18, 2014 9:13 AM

Call AppleCare & ask to talk to "Account Security". They will fix while you're on the phone.

4 replies

Apr 27, 2015 10:59 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

I have a similar problem. The back story opis I moved from the US to the UK and took my iPhone with me and put a local SIMM in it and all is working fine except that there is a handful of Android numbers I can't text. I was able to with the Verizon SIMM but now can't.

Before anyone goes through the check the number, check the settings routine; I have gone through the If you can't send or receive messages on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support routine several times, The only thing I haven't tried yet is a backup and restore... (Will do so later.)

I have checked this out too Can’t get text messages from an iPhone - Apple Support but that doesn't seem relevant as it's just a handful of numbers (presumably not iOS devices) that won't work but I know at least one Android device I can text without issue. In addition, since I switched to iPhone more than 6 years ago, I've never had another Brand only iPhones.

Help it's driving me nuts!

Can't send text to android device

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.