Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Over the past few days, whilst I am typing msgs or emails, additional letters are appearing when I click a letter on my keyboard. For example: if I click 'r', 'eyr' appears. I have to keep click backspace to correct..anyone else having this problem?

Over the past few days, whilst I am typing msgs or emails on my ipad mini, additional letters are appearing when I click a letter on my keyboard. For example: if I click 'r', 'eyr' appears or when i click the space button, letters appear. I have to keep clicking backspace to correct..anyone else having this problem?

I have tried resetting my ipad mini, but it hasnt corrected the problem.

iPad mini Wi-Fi, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Feb 18, 2014 10:06 AM

5 replies

Feb 18, 2014 11:23 AM in response to BlazeSeven

BlazeSeven wrote:

I have tried resetting my ipad mini, but it hasnt corrected the problem.

And what does resetting men in this instance? You restored it? You turned it off and the on again? Did you reset like this?

Reset the iPad by holding down on the sleep and home buttons at the same time for about 10-15 seconds until the Apple Logo appears - ignore the red slider if it appears on the screen - let go of the buttons. Let the iPad start up.

If you didn't do that, give it a try. If you try it and it doesn't work, try this. Settings>General>Reset>Reset all Settings. You will not lose any data, but you will have to enter all of the device preferences again.

Feb 18, 2014 2:14 PM in response to BlazeSeven

No apologies needed. I was just trying to clarify.

When I first updated to iOS 7, I had some really annoying issues with the keyboard lag, the wrong keys being typed and some other really crazy things going on. I reset all settings and then reset the iPad (holding down on the sleep and home buttons until the Apple logo appeared) and that fixed it for a while. However, it still have issues with the keyboard. I have restored my iPad a couple of times but I always restore from the backup as well so there could be something in my backup causing the problem.

Anyway, what I'm trying to say to you is that you might want to try resetting all settings, then reset the iPad and see if that helps. Even as I'm typing this, some of those annoying little quirks keep popping up on my iPad.

Over the past few days, whilst I am typing msgs or emails, additional letters are appearing when I click a letter on my keyboard. For example: if I click 'r', 'eyr' appears. I have to keep click backspace to correct..anyone else having this problem?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.