Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I add multiple phone numbers at once to a contact? Is there any software able to do this, which I can import to iCloud?

I have my email forwarded to my cell phone via message to [phonenumber@carrier.com].

I do this for the reason that having my emails fetched constantly is a heavy burden on the battery.

This works perfectly, except for the fact that the emails come from a different number every time.

The numbers change by 3 digits from 001-999. (1-210-100-###)

I can write these numbers easily using something like excel to write the consecutive numbers, and not have to write one by one, but I would like to import these easily to my contact under "Email" for several reasons.

1. SMS tone to be consistant

2. Easy identification

3. Easy deletion

4. Message grouping

There are probably more benefits, however I cannot think of any at this very moment.

I want to basically write them all in to the contact to make the identity seamless.

I've tried to do so with

-Gmail - one number entry at a time

-Editing the .abbu file using text editor - Cannot find the phone number location to copy and emulate

POSSIBLE SOLUTION

Editing the contact using excel - I downloaded "Addressbook2CSV Exporter" and managed to get the contact information in an editable form.

I got the contact info which looks like

[,Other","","","1210100001 ::: 1210100002","","","","","","","","Generic","","","","","","","","","","",]

MEANING, if I can manage to merge the 999 numbers into one line of text, and add them to the numbers separated by "{space}:::{space}"

then I have my solution right there. This may have turned from an iCloud question to an excel question.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2009), iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Feb 18, 2014 10:14 AM

There are no replies.

How do I add multiple phone numbers at once to a contact? Is there any software able to do this, which I can import to iCloud?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.