Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sync photos from old iPhone to new iPhone without deleting pictures taken on new iPhone

Hey guys,

I recently went travelling with my old 3GS. I took some photos using the phone but I also transferred photos from my camera to my phone. I was wondering, how do I transfer the new photos I have on my 3GS to my 4S without deleting photos taken on the 4S (that I shot after I bought it, so they aren't on my 3GS)? I also have some new apps on my 3GS and I want to transfer them to my 4S (for the app data, unless it's somehow in the cloud), and likewise I want to *add* them to my 4S without deleting apps off my 4S.

Sorry I'm a complete noob when it comes to using iTunes.

Thanks for any help!

iPhone 4S, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on Feb 18, 2014 10:59 AM

8 replies

Feb 18, 2014 11:10 AM in response to Ghost_47

Ghost_47 wrote:

Thanks for the quick reply. So I have to connect my 3GS to my PC, and import the photos using iTunes?

No.

You don't use iTunes to import photos to your PC.

Then from there I can pick which photos I want to sync to my 4S?

You can if you wish.

Or you can simply copy them from Photo Stream to your Camera Roll.

-> Photo Stream

-> iOS: Importing personal photos and videos from iOS devices to your computer

Feb 18, 2014 11:31 AM in response to Chris CA

Alright, thanks. I think I've got it. But I have to select the photo stream photos on my 4S and save them to my camera roll on that device.

Is there any way to mass "save to camera roll" using photo stream?

EDIT: If I delete the photos from the Photo Stream, will it delete photos off all my devices? I don't want the stream there after I move my photos, unless I have to have it otherwise my photos will be deleted.

EDIT 2: Nevermind, it seems as though I read the prompt wrong. I had my photo stream labelled as Photos, and it said that it would be deleted from "Photos" on all your devices.. as in the "Photos" stream and not the photos App.

Feb 18, 2014 11:35 AM in response to Ghost_47

Ghost_47 wrote:

EDIT 2: Nevermind, it seems as though I read the prompt wrong. I had my photo stream labelled as Photos, and it said that it would be deleted from "Photos" on all your devices.. as in the "Photos" stream and not the photos App.

Correct.

When you remove a photo from Photo Stream, it is deleted in Photo Stream everywhere.

Once you copy from Photo Stream to Camera Roll (or your computer) & then delete from , it is still on those devices in the Camera Roll (or on your computer) but no longer in Photo Stream on those dvices.

Feb 18, 2014 11:40 AM in response to Chris CA

Thanks very much Chris CA, the Photo Stream option was an easy way to go about it. Any idea how to get the apps I downloaded overseas onto my 4S? I'd rather not sync as I hate using iTunes (sometimes when I've synced previously my apps on my phone are deleted and overwritten with apps from my computer), I guess downloading them onto my 4S would be the way to go.. I'd rather lose app data than use iTunes.

Sync photos from old iPhone to new iPhone without deleting pictures taken on new iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.