Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to I get up to date information in Apple Maps?

I just upgraded to Mavericks and was trying Apple Maps, but the maps are showing parks that haven't existed for 10 years, and are missing businesses that have been in my area for over 10 years?

Is there a way to get more up to date information in Apple Maps?

OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Feb 18, 2014 11:55 AM

7 replies

Mar 27, 2016 8:21 PM in response to MATT BANEY

My family and I recently moved into a new housing development last Dec 2015 and our address is completely wrong in Apple Maps. I submitted the error to Google Maps and within 2-3 days it was corrected in their Maps. I made the same submission to Apple Maps 5 times with no response acknowledgement let alone any changes to our address in Apple Maps.

The maps are NOT getting updated timely by TomTom or whomever provides the GIS data to Apple for their lousy Maps app. I've had to tell friends and family to NOT use Apple Maps for directions to our house because they'll get lost.

Since Apple Maps is the default map app for all apps using my gps coordinates (Find My Friends, Find My iPhone), it needs to be updated timely or give us the ability to change the default map app.

How to I get up to date information in Apple Maps?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.