Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mavericks - Windows7 bootcamp speakers issues

I have a 13" mid 2009 macbook pro recently upgraded to mavericks and after that, I partitioned my hard drive with bootcamp and installed windows 7. All good so far but my speakers don't work when I'm in windows. Device manager says everything is working fine and it doesn't think there are head phones plugged in or anything (which I've seen has been a problem for some people.) I tried to re-install the drivers on the windows disk as suggested but I get the "bootcamp x64 is unsupported on this computer model" error. I tried a couple of things from past posts but I either got that all the drivers were installed and up to date or I got kinda stuck and couldn't follow the suggested instructions because I don't have any real coding skills (I've only ever written code in SAS for research purposes.) Also my bootcamp folder that I downloaded doesn't have a bootcamp64.msi file, only a bootcamp.msi file. Again, I am having no other problems with windows so far. It's just the lack of sound. Any insight would be greatly appreciated. If you're insight requires coding please be SUPER specific about what needs to be typed in the command prompt. Thanks!

I used bootcamp 5.0.533, though I'm told there is a bootcamp 5.1.0. Don't know if that could be making a difference.

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2009)

Posted on Feb 18, 2014 12:37 PM

4 replies

Feb 22, 2014 12:07 AM in response to cmz2015

sorry, just read your post again and your mac doesnt support 64bit. mid 2009 pro's with duo 2 core processers only support 32 bit.

however 64 bit software does run, but in certain cases like yours problems will persist.

if the sound is important to you then the only option is to start again using the 32 bit version.

Mavericks - Windows7 bootcamp speakers issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.