Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't get an app onto my ipad from the store

So I've found an app that does what I want: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/awake/id295747953?mt=8&ign-mpt=uo%3D4 .. It is called "Awake" and it is a single-button Wake-on-lan sender. But if I seek "Awake" in the store on the ipad it isn't there.

I have clicked 'open in itunes' and it eventually opened that page - I had to open itunes first, and select the store, it didn't go there directly. I clicked 'download' and it says it has downloaded it. It hasn't. Half an hour ago I purchased "Off" via the itunes app store page, and it appeared on the device straight away. "Awake" hasn't.

Any clues?

iPad (4th gen) Wi-Fi, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Feb 18, 2014 2:11 PM

1 reply

Feb 19, 2014 12:43 AM in response to Brunnian

The app is designed for the iPhone, so after searching for 'awake' you need to tap the 'iPad only' button towards the top left and select 'iPhone only' instead - you will need to do that for any non-iPad apps.

Does the app now show 'open' against it in the Purchased tab in the App Store app on your iPad ? Have you tried a soft-reset to see if you can find it on your iPad's homescreens after the iPad has restarted (or redownload it) ? Press and hold both the sleep and home buttons for about 10 to 15 seconds (ignore the red slider), after which the Apple logo should appear - you won't lose any content, it's the iPad equivalent of a reboot.

Can't get an app onto my ipad from the store

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.