Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipod Touch 5th Gen IOS7 Battery Life

So, after 2 weeks of waiting I managed to get my refurbrished Ipod Touch 5th gen! 🙂

It came preinstalled with IOS6, and I am wondering if I should make the leap to IOS7. Personally I am not a fan of the new redesigned music app that lists cover art right next to the song name, (mainly because I dont use or have cover art in my music) but I assume that will grow on me and I'll get used to it. What I am more worrried about is battery life.

Felllow Ipod Touch 5th Gen Users on Ios7, How is the battery life and performance compared to IOS6?!?!

Battery Life and performance are the two concerns I have holding me back from updating!

Thanks community!

iPod touch, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Feb 18, 2014 5:12 PM

1 reply

Feb 18, 2014 8:00 PM in response to pennyboy24

Pennyboy24, the new look grows on you. Many report iOS 7 is slower than iOS 6. Since updating to iOS 7.0.4 have noted a shorter use time, Ios 7 is a power pig no question there. But there is hope! Goggle C-net about extending battery life there is some good info. I use most of the suggestions, this is what I'm averaging in battery life. Standby 36 to 40 hours. Listening to music from my library easily 22 plus hours (all my music is on the iPod at 128kbps). Watching videos, movies, youtube, etc. depending on Wi-Fi signal strength and resolution 6 to 9 hours. Playing games especially with Wi-Fi running 3 to 4 hours. Hope this helps, Good luck.

Ipod Touch 5th Gen IOS7 Battery Life

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.