Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV on tv with receiver - not working

Hi...are there any tricks to setting this up? Tried hdmi from Apple TV into receiver....worked for 1 day, then "no signal " (on ANY input/HDMI tv port) - by the way, I got a HULU 3 for Xmas and the exact same thing happened. Only worked for 1 day...then "no signal" (I was happy to return it as I wanted AppleTV anyway but didn't expect the exact same problem!). Then I tried connecting AppleTV directly into the TV, and got the Apple TV picture/menu screens but no sound. Has anyone else had this issue?? (FYI I gave a Vizio tv and Pioneer receiver if that matters!). Thanks in advance!!!!

AppleTV 2, Vizio tv, Pioneer receiver

Posted on Feb 18, 2014 7:24 PM

3 replies

Feb 20, 2014 7:06 AM in response to Msmcgirl

The Apple TV will work fine with a receiver providing they are compatible and connected correctly. It seems as though your receiver may have an issue being the middleman for video, just as Brian suggests.

When you connect directly to the TV (with HDMI), how did you connect to the receiver. In most cases you can't send digital audio through a TV to a receiver and instead should connect the optical output from the Apple TV to your receiver.

Apple TV on tv with receiver - not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.