Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone, iMessage, and Android users that have other iDevices

Hello,

I have a friend who has an iPad and an Android phone.

Her email address is example@aol.com

Her AppliID for iTunes is example@aol.com

Her phone number is on an Android device

In my contacts I have her listed as a normal contact, First Name, Last Name, with the main emai set to example@aol.com.

If she sends me a SMS message from her Android phone, it comes in from her phone number, and shows up as First Name, Last Name

If she sends me a iMessage from her iPad it comes in as an iMessage fromexample@aol.com

So I end up with two listings in my messages list on my iPhone, but they both have the same name. Not a big deal, I actually don't mind this. However, It's hard to tell the two apart, other than the Android to my iPhone messages will be all green as they are texts, and the iPad to iPhone will be greeb and blue as they are iMessages.

I thought to make two contacts, and call one First Name (Android) and the other First Name (iPad) or something similar, however, they both share the same email address, which means when I send her an email, it will be addressed to one of the two, and contain the iPhone or iPad marker in it.

If I could just get her to change to a gmail or other account, this would all go away, but I really shouldn't have to. Can anyone thing of an elegant solution to this problem? It's often a pain, as I send her a reply, and end up sending it to her phone, when I wanted to send it to her iPad, or the other way around.

Posted on Feb 18, 2014 9:22 PM

There are no replies.

iphone, iMessage, and Android users that have other iDevices

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.