Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Badoink Redirect

Today Scramble With Friends on my IPhone 5S has somehow been linked to the Badoink **** redirect thing. I don't download anything except our daily manpower and shift reports from work. No other changes either. Reset to factory with no luck either. Help?!! What can I do to fix this.

iPhone 5s, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Feb 18, 2014 8:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 18, 2014 9:30 PM

OK, here is what I did to fix this problem. As it turned out it was NOT a iPhone issue. It is a router issue that has been frustrating a lot of people.

Apparently this issue is due to a hacked router issue.

You will need to reset your router to factory defaults and reset up your wireless settings.

In my case every time I opened Scramble With Friends I was redirected to the fake Badoink junk app page.

After resetting the router and updating the firmware I am good to go now. PHEW!!

I still don't know how it chooses the iPhone app to trigger the redirect, but it is a nasty situation.....literally.

Interestingly enough a web comic I read was blocked by my computer as "dangerous" about a week prior. not sure if that is how it got in or not.

/shrug, Hope this helps.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 18, 2014 9:30 PM in response to Noegrus

OK, here is what I did to fix this problem. As it turned out it was NOT a iPhone issue. It is a router issue that has been frustrating a lot of people.

Apparently this issue is due to a hacked router issue.

You will need to reset your router to factory defaults and reset up your wireless settings.

In my case every time I opened Scramble With Friends I was redirected to the fake Badoink junk app page.

After resetting the router and updating the firmware I am good to go now. PHEW!!

I still don't know how it chooses the iPhone app to trigger the redirect, but it is a nasty situation.....literally.

Interestingly enough a web comic I read was blocked by my computer as "dangerous" about a week prior. not sure if that is how it got in or not.

/shrug, Hope this helps.

Badoink Redirect

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.