Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I transfer items from my photo library on my iphone 4s to my computer?

I recently lost all of my photos on my computer and realized that quite a few of them (2,000) are still on my photo library on my iphone. They are not in my photo stream, but I can see them on my iphone. I have tried to sync them back to my itunes, tried to back them up to my computer, and have tried to get them into the current photo stream to no avail. I could email them but that's a lot of emails. Is there any other way to get them to my computer? My computer was reformatted (thanks to the girl child) and I have tried to get a service to locate the photos again, but very very few were able to be located. Many of the ones I want on on my iphone.

Thank you so much,

AKtwins

iPhone 4S, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on Feb 18, 2014 8:34 PM

1 reply

Feb 19, 2014 3:57 AM in response to AKtwins

I have tried to sync them back to my itunes, tried to back them up to my computer, and have tried to get them into the current photo stream to no avail.

If the photos are photos that originally have been synced from your computer to the iPhone, they cannot be synced back. Only Photos in the Camera Roll will download to the computer, when you connect the iPhone to USB.

So you have to save the photos to the Camera Roll. And that will require to tap each of the photos.

Do you have iPhoto installed?

Save photos to the Camera Roll on your device

• Tap one or more photos and tap the Share button User uploaded file.
  • Tap Camera Roll.
  • Confirm or change the photos you want to share:
    • Select all the photos in an album or event: Tap All.
    • Select a range of photos: Tap Choose Photos, tap Range, tap the first and last photos in the range, and tap Next.
  • Tap Camera Roll.

Or try this:

Save photos to your computer using iTunes

• Connect your iOS device to your computer.
  • Select a photo, album, event, or journal and tap User uploaded file > iTunes.
  • If you selected an album or event, confirm or change the photos you want to share:
    • Select all the photos in an album or event: Tap All.
    • Select a range of photos: Tap Choose Photos, tap Range, tap the first and last photos in the range, and tap Next.
  • In iTunes, select your device User uploaded file (below Devices) and click Apps at the top of the window.
  • Below File Sharing, select iPhoto (in Apps).
  • Select the Shared Photos folder under iPhoto Documents.
  • Click Save To and select the location on your computer where you want to save the photos.
  • To view your photos, go to the Finder and look in the location you selected above.

How do I transfer items from my photo library on my iphone 4s to my computer?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.