Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Air Camera not working

So my 11'' 200 ggb MacBook Air is brand new like 2 months old, never dropped it and never spilt anything on it and today it randomly says the "camera isn't connected" on photobooth and facetime. So i called apple and a man helped me through resetting the SMC, didnt work. So we tried a bunch of other things like restarting it shutting it down and what not. He said his last suggestion was to redownload OSX mavericks which is a 10 hour process. It just finished and still it didn't work. I mean if you spend 1 thousand + on a computor shouldnt it work perfectly...? So he said i have to take it to a genus bar to get a new camera. i havent asked yet but if this cost alot of money im not doing it because i havent done anything wrong to make this happen. Its a very lightly used computor im a teenager. grrrr I cant belive thisssss.😢

MacBook Air, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Feb 18, 2014 8:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 18, 2014 9:29 PM

Assuming you purchased your MacBook Air brand new within the last 2 months, it is still under warranty. If that is true, it will not cost you anything to take it to the Genius Bar. You should definitely do that.

Set up an appointment, so you won't have to wait. Here is how:

http://www.apple.com/retail/geniusbar/

UPDATE - I should not have said "within the last two months". The warranty lasts one year.

Message was edited by: sberman

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 18, 2014 9:29 PM in response to JJWApple

Assuming you purchased your MacBook Air brand new within the last 2 months, it is still under warranty. If that is true, it will not cost you anything to take it to the Genius Bar. You should definitely do that.

Set up an appointment, so you won't have to wait. Here is how:

http://www.apple.com/retail/geniusbar/

UPDATE - I should not have said "within the last two months". The warranty lasts one year.

Message was edited by: sberman

MacBook Air Camera not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.