Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Charging suddenly not supported?

I have an iPhone 5, using an Auvio charger with no problems for the past 5 months since my lightening one broke. Suddenly the past few days when I go to charge it, it says its not supported but it does charge, very slowly. This happens almost instantly once I plug it into either my PC or car charger, but it can charge for quite while without this message as long as its not touched when plugged into the wall. Also, when in iTunes on my PC, my iPhone is recognized and can be backup, synced etc. but it will still display the "charging is not supported with this accessory" message. So is it my iPhone or is it my charger?

Posted on Feb 18, 2014 10:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 18, 2014 10:41 PM

ksaa wrote:

.... So is it my iPhone or is it my charger?

The only way to find out would be trying another Apple USB cable. If you can, visit an Authorized Apple Service Provider or Apple Store next to your place and let them have a look at the phone.

Also see About iPhone, iPad, and iPod accessories and Troubleshooting iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch accessories

for more troubleshooting information.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 18, 2014 10:41 PM in response to ksaa

ksaa wrote:

.... So is it my iPhone or is it my charger?

The only way to find out would be trying another Apple USB cable. If you can, visit an Authorized Apple Service Provider or Apple Store next to your place and let them have a look at the phone.

Also see About iPhone, iPad, and iPod accessories and Troubleshooting iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch accessories

for more troubleshooting information.

Jun 10, 2016 11:39 PM in response to ksaa

Hey, ksaa. 😀

I've got the same problem too with an Auvio charger with my iPad mini 2.

The ideal temporary solution to charge your iPhone 5 is this:

1- If your phone is on and charged then turn it off, and if it's dead. Continue to step 2

2- Plug in your charger (wait for it to charge and open if it's dead or just leave it to open)

3- Make sure it shows the charging bolt, then quickly turn off your phone

4- Now just leave it uninterrupted to charge or else you'll have to repeat it all.

5- If you leave it charging for a bit over 20%, then you can open it and use it while it's charging, just don't plug it out or you'll have to repeat it again.

6- Of course while you do that, contact apple support or buy an official apple charger and it'll be solved permanently (hopefully)

I hope this helps 🙂

- Noor E.

Charging suddenly not supported?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.