Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to recognize LG Android Phone on Mac 10.6.8

Hello,

First time forum user here. I'm attempting to resolve an issue with accessing my cellphone without having to hard reset and lose the data contained therein. I do not have access to my phone because the service is not connected, and my gmail account info and pattern lock (the two available unlock methods) appear to be invalid. I believe internet and/or cellular service is required.

I have connected my phone to my MBP, which recognizes the device under System Profiler > USB > USB Hub as an LGE Android Device. My phone is also displaying the 'usb connected' icon so this rules out any connectivity issue.

However, upon connecting the device and using the AndroidFileTransfer App provided to Mac users it does not recognize my phone.

The OS Version I believe is 2.3.4 (Gingerbread)

The Device is an LG Optimus 2x.

What I'm trying to accomplish is retrieving audio files and hopefully contact info, too. I'm posting here because I can't do anything from the phone side of the situation.

Thank you in advance

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Feb 18, 2014 10:45 PM

3 replies

Feb 22, 2014 4:36 PM in response to psystemic

Hi,

I'm updating this today to say that I found a solution. After impatience got the better of me, I accepted the fact I would just have to reset my phone. Without access to my phone, knowing that debugging and USB mass storage wasn't selected, there would have been virtually no way to retrieve the data.

Interestingly enough though, when I did a hard factory reset, the content (Photos & Audio Files) were not deleted!!

SO I found a solution inadvertently!!

Thank you to also, for the Sync'ing tips! I've bookmarked them!!

Cheers

How to recognize LG Android Phone on Mac 10.6.8

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.