Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

160GB ipod classic is eternally stuck in disc mode?

My ipod classic suddenly stopped syncing 2 weeks ago. Ever since then, I have deleted all iTunes files from my computer (Windows XP 32 bit) and reinstalled iTunes approximately four times now. Through many processes and error messages, I ended up with a completley unresponsive black screen. After all of this steady time and effort, my ipod is still not syncing or recognized in iTunes. 😟 The last error message I got was: "An ipod has been detected but could not be identified properly. Please disconnect and reconnect the ipod then try again. An unknown error occured (1621)". I did that to no avail. Then, I was led through a process to try and fix the black screen which was to put my ipod in disc mode. Now I have a permanent disc mode icon (check mark) and "OK to disconnect". I am using the original adapter and when I plug it into the USB port, -iTunes still doesn't recognize it, and it does not clear the disc mode? PLEASE, somebody help me! 😕 😢

iPod classic, Windows XP

Posted on Feb 19, 2014 3:10 AM

1 reply

Feb 21, 2014 1:32 PM in response to DorieDo

Hello DorieDo,

It sounds like you are unable to sync your iPod Classic, it is stuck in Disk Mode, and it is not seen in iTunes. I recommend the troubleshooting steps from this article that you have not yet tried named:

iPod classic Troubleshooting Assistant

http://www.apple.com/support/ipod/five_rs/classic/

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Cheers,

Sterling

160GB ipod classic is eternally stuck in disc mode?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.