Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to combine discrete audio and video files?

I am working on a project which requires me to merge a video file with a PCM audio file from another source.

I just bought Compressor 4.1.1, expecting to be able to do exactly this.

The only "multiple input - single output" option I can see is creating a surround sound group, adding my audio as left and right channels, and then attaching the video.

This does not work. Pressing "add" at the end of the process does not result in a new job.

Help please!

G.

Compressor, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Feb 19, 2014 2:45 AM

8 replies

Feb 19, 2014 5:53 AM in response to Mr Glyn Williams

Hi Mr Glyn, you MIGHT consider use an NLE such as  FCPX.app (or older/legacy track based editor) or probably easier, --> try using  QUICKTIME 7 PRO or others that use the QT framework to add the streams and render it out (save it) . ... Lots of QT based other .apps out there free) that will do what you want.

I don't think Compressor.app is not really designed to do what you want (combine tracks). Others may have a compressor based solution.

Post your results for others to see.

Warwick

Hong Kong

Feb 19, 2014 6:28 AM in response to Mr Glyn Williams

QT7 Pro is able to do this. Cost is $30.

In QT7 Pro, open up the audio and video files to be matched.

Select all the audio and then select copy

In the video window, put the playback head where you want the audio to start then select add to movie.

Verify the playback is as desired, then save the movie. Done.

Takes longer to describe the process than to do it.

x

Of course, life is good when the in point is exactly the same for both audio and video ...

Feb 19, 2014 6:45 AM in response to Mr Glyn Williams

They haven't touched it for years - no real need as it is a pretty simple product and does what is needed without much fuss. fwiw - In the app page in the store, click on "view all reviews" to see a bunch that are more current.

Most of us that use it got it as part of the Final Cut Studio suite of apps (Final Cut Pro, Compressor, Color, Motion, Soundtrack Pro, Cinema Tools & DVD Studio Pro). In that mix, no one really payed much attention to QT7 Pro.

x

How to combine discrete audio and video files?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.