Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple loops again... again

I installed the new Garageband, but decided to work in Garageband ´11 (5) instead. Fine.

But something happened with my apple loops. I have no flutes anymore, occationally i found one that the system didn't recognize, a mideveal flute. I bought the full packet of loops that can be added to Garageband 10, where do I find them? And how do I add all the loops to Garageband '11......... I try to read former letters on this issue, but haven't found out anyting. For example this page http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1045 . Both places they tell me to find loops in

/Library/Application Support/GarageBand/Apple Loops/ or /Library/Audio/Apple Loops/Apple/

have empty folders, are the loops hidden? Or the folders are not placed like this.

As I understand form another discussion, when I find the loops I can just drag them to Garageband, loopsbrowser for Garageband to find them.... is it true?

Bodil

GarageBand (Mac) '11, Mac OS 9.1.x

Posted on Feb 19, 2014 3:18 AM

8 replies

Feb 19, 2014 11:59 AM in response to léonie

Hi Léonie

Thanks for your answer... :-)

I had lots of loops in /Library/Audio/Apple Loops/Apple/

I removed them to a folder on the desktop.

The folder /Library/Application Support/GarageBand/Apple Loops/ didn't exist'

And I had no loops in the folder

/Library/Audio/Apple Loops/User Loops

I deleted the loops and opened garageband, still some loops in garageband ?????

I dragged the loops to the loopsbrowser anyway... ?????

Now I have two new flutes and no medieval flute in an new song.... but still the medieval flute in an old song???

Now all the loops shows in the user folder

/Library/Audio/Apple Loops/User Loops

And the following folder is empty /Library/Audio/Apple Loops/Apple/

Wonder where do the resisting loops hide? This is the great answer and how do I find them???

:-) Bodil

Feb 19, 2014 1:07 PM in response to BodilKreativ

Have you checked, if you have filters set on your loop browser?

If you reindexed all loops you found, they should show in GarageBand.

Check the GarageBand Preferences, if you have set a filter on the Loop Browser, so that not all loops do show. If the option "Filter for more relevant results" is enabled, disable it.

User uploaded file

And check the pop-up menu at the top of the Loop Browser. It should be set to "All Loops". And the search field at the bottom should be clear.

User uploaded file

Also remember, it will depend on the signature of your project, if you will see all loops. If the signature is 6/8 or something, only a few loops will show. You will see the most loops, with the project set to 4/4.

Feb 20, 2014 3:48 AM in response to BodilKreativ

but when I bought the complete set of content for garageband 10, at applestore, for something like 5,87 dollars, I had to download 4 GB.... where did all that go?

That are probably the sampler files for the instruments in your Instrument Library.

My Instrument Library (/Library/Application Support/GarageBand) is 13,08 GB large, due to the size of the Jam Pack instrument packages.

Apple loops again... again

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.