Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bluetooth won't work on my iMac

Hi, my Bluetooth on my iMac all of a sudden isn't working. I have a wireless keyboard, mighty mouse, magic mouse, trackpad and an aftermarket add on LMP number pad, all BT and nothing works. I made the mistake of rebooting (thinking that would solve) but now I'm sitting at log in, unable to do anything. Frustrating! I've done:

- batteries (always the first option, although when everything quits, it isn't batteries)

- shut down everything BT, turned off my iMac, unplugged it, waited a min, re plugged, turned on only the keyboard and one mouse, watched them blink for an eternity trying to pair, with no success

- every other little combination I could think of

I can't access the settings to try and do anything, although I did that when it first happened before shutting it down, but shutting off and trying to pair, but the same thing, the wheel goes 'round until it decided to stop.

I tried logging onto my iMac with my MacBook but as I was only on the log in screen, I couldn't do it, it just showed "server not available"

Help! I need to get this thing up and running. Not sure if this helps but a little bit about the comp...

- Late 2012 27" iMac purchased new in May 2013 (Apple Store) 3.4 Ghz, 32 Gigs RAM, OS Mavericks 10.9.1

- Hard drive is partitioned with Parallels 8, Windows 8.1, RAM split between the two (didn't switch over before powering off to see if Windows was working)

- Peripherals are listed above

Thanks

iMac (27-inch, Late 2012), OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Feb 19, 2014 4:18 AM

1 reply

Feb 19, 2014 4:53 AM in response to bhan55

I know I only posted this thing a half an hour ago, but I got it running in a weird way. I hope this helps someone else.

I rebooted again and all was the same except that this time I noticed the generic "guest" user. A small aha, and I clicked on it, it opened to the stock Desktop photo but with no icons or files. Thinking nothing's happening, I clicked on System Preference anyways in the tray, still nothing, but about 30 seconds later, Preferences fired up, I went to BT and it was turned off, which it wasn't on my main profile. After a few second delay it started recognizing my stuff. After the Keyboard and mouse fired up, I turned on the Magic Pad, it too initiated. I've left the LMP Bluetooth Keypad shut off for now, I had a hard time getting it running when I got it at Xmas and it seemed to affect my Apple Wireless Keyboard a little at that time, and want to work for a week or so before before introducing it again.

Nothing magic, just seeing the not so obvious is what did it. I'd still like to know how all this happened in the first place but so happy to be back at it!

Bluetooth won't work on my iMac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.