Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Help with grid lines please

ive moved to numbers from excel recently and having some trouble getting used to it, id like to view the grid lines but i dont want them to print, i know how to show and remove them, but i want to see the lines and print without them, i dont want to manually do this, i have dozens of spreadsheets i work with.

Thanks.

Posted on Feb 19, 2014 6:09 AM

4 replies

Feb 19, 2014 6:29 AM in response to Wayne Contello

Hello wayne, thanks for your reply. it seems really silly that, i know numbers is just a BASIC spreadsheet, surely Apple could make it a bit more advanced like Excel, unfortunately i cant move back to excel because i dont want to pay for another licence key, my macbook air got stolen in istanbul and i had to buy a new mac, the iwork was free with the retina mbp so im just going to get used to this,

i will post feedback to apple, thanks again.

Feb 19, 2014 6:38 AM in response to s 2 tha b

S,

Apple is not attempting to compete with Excel and, as such, has little motivation to mold Numbers into excel. There are other, free, options. Personally I pref Numbers of the other options because, most of the time, I do not want a sea of cells for a finite list of data.

However we all have our preferences. I suggest you use Numbers for a while and visit these forums to see how people do things the "Numbers" way.

The other options available are severl Office clones:

LibreOffice (my favorite of the office clones)

NeoOffice

OpenOffice

you favorite search engine can help you located the installer.

Feb 19, 2014 6:56 AM in response to s 2 tha b

Hello, s 2 tha b,

Welcome to Numbers!

The charm of Numbers is that it allows several small tables on a "canvas". For example, you could have a Work Table with cell borders (grid lines) and a Print Table with no cell borders (grid lines).

User uploaded file

The Print Table copies values from the Work Table with formulas such as =Work Table::A1

You can move the Print Table to another sheet, and print only that sheet.

Welcome to the Magic of Numbers!

Regards,

Ian.

Help with grid lines please

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.