Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

If i have installed windows 8 with parallels do i need bootcamp support software

Just as the title says

MacBook Pro 2013 Retina 13 inch

Windows 8.1

Thanks for reading.

iMac, Other OS

Posted on Feb 19, 2014 6:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 19, 2014 6:49 AM

Bootcamp is a utility for running being able to dual boot your mac. When you run windows using boot camp you select whether to run Mac OS OR Windows exclusively.

Parallels allows you to virtualize a windows machine and run that in a window while you have booted the machine with Mac OS X.

So the answer to your question is you do NOT need bootcamp to run windows using Parallels.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 19, 2014 6:49 AM in response to superbugx

Bootcamp is a utility for running being able to dual boot your mac. When you run windows using boot camp you select whether to run Mac OS OR Windows exclusively.

Parallels allows you to virtualize a windows machine and run that in a window while you have booted the machine with Mac OS X.

So the answer to your question is you do NOT need bootcamp to run windows using Parallels.

If i have installed windows 8 with parallels do i need bootcamp support software

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.