Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No 1. I can not activate Filevault : FileVault can’t be turned on for the disk “Macintosh HD”. Some disk formats don’t support the recovery partition required by encryption. To use encryption, reinstall this version of Mac OS X on a reformatted disk.

I have TWO PROBLEMS

No 1. I can not activate FileVault. It displyas as follows :

FileVault can’t be turned on for the disk “Macintosh HD”.

Some disk formats don’t support the recovery partition required by encryption. To use encryption, reinstall this version of Mac OS X on a reformatted disk.

No 2. I can not activate Find My Mac service. It displays as follows :

Find My Mac requires a recovery partition

Some configurations, such as software or hardware RAID, do not support a recovery partition and can't be used with find my mac

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)

Posted on Feb 19, 2014 7:33 AM

7 replies

Feb 20, 2014 6:17 AM in response to Eric Root

I have OS X 10.9.1 in my MBP. Do I have to creat Recovery Partition ? Let me inform you that I made own Bootable USB Drive for OS X mavericks and installed Mavericks in my MBP. The mavericks is not upgraded one. If still I have to creat Recovery Partition, Then how can I creat it without reinstilling OS X Mav. If I have to creat Recovery Partition, I would like to creat it in Macintosh HD, not in external Hard Disk.

No 1. I can not activate Filevault : FileVault can’t be turned on for the disk “Macintosh HD”. Some disk formats don’t support the recovery partition required by encryption. To use encryption, reinstall this version of Mac OS X on a reformatted disk.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.