Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Emailing .pages docs possible again?

Hi guys,

It seems gmail and other email providers are still rejecting the most recent .pages attachments (they seem to think they're viruses, or some such)? This coincided with Mavericks, and I've submitted a bug report, but it's getting a bit old now...

Anyone know of a fix, or workaround yet?

Cheers.

Message was edited by: 3dit0r

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Feb 19, 2014 7:32 AM

4 replies

Feb 19, 2014 7:42 AM in response to 3dit0r

I agree with Peter. Perpetual beta.

If you have Gmail configured through Apple Mail, it will work fine. If you use the Gmail web interface, you will need to first compress your .pages document, before adding it as a Mail attachment. I have tested both of these approaches.

Right-click on your Pages v5 .pages document. Choose Compress ... from the contextual menu. Apple Mail, whether on IOS or Mac OS X will understand it has received a compressed file. The Quick Look feature in OS X Mail, will offer to decompress the document, allowing you to view it, save it, or open again in Pages v5. As an attachment in IOS 7 Mail, you tap it, and it will automatically decompress and open in Pages v2.1.

Emailing .pages docs possible again?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.