Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have a MacBook Pro and the screen flickered like crazy with colours. Tried rebooting and I now just have a black screen, but can here the mac running...? Any ideas?

I was just sat using my mac and the display just went crazy with colour... I restarted it and now all I get is a black screen but I can here the mac running. The light comes on the front but nothing else :( help please?! Thank you!!!

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2012)

Posted on Feb 19, 2014 8:32 AM

1 reply

Feb 19, 2014 9:14 AM in response to Bambrosemoore

My MBP 3,1 did the same thing. I did a make shift reflow in the oven. I have a heat gun now so when it happens again, & it probably will since my MBP 3,1 is NOTORIOUS for heat issues, I'm ready for it. I should mention that I'm a Tech myself & wouldn't recommend anyone try this that's not comfortable going inside their machine & knows at least the basics of computer repair & safe guarding measures. That being said, here's a link that shows the MBP 3,1 version being done. Found it on youtube. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANYONE THAT TRY'S THIS! It worked for me & that's what I'm stating... GOOD LUCK!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ztzv2OlQJuU

I have a MacBook Pro and the screen flickered like crazy with colours. Tried rebooting and I now just have a black screen, but can here the mac running...? Any ideas?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.