Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't Save as PDF or export to PDF after upgrading to OS X 10.9.1

Ever since downloading this upgrade I've had nothing but problems.

My computer used to be a great tool to help me work and live a happier life. Now, it seems to slow me down and hurt my productivity at ever turn.

What is this update all about? It is making life more difficult instead of easier! Come on Apple! Sort this out!

Enough of my rant.

Maybe someone can help with my most recent problem, which I have spent hours looking for a solution to online and in these commnunities, but nothing seems to work.

I used to be able to go to FIle and Print - then save as PDF and create a lovely pdf.

This function still works in Microsoft Word as well as in a couple other programs. However, it no longer works in:

Preview

Safari

Chrome

I just get an error message:

"Error while printing"

I've tried opening it in preview and trying to PDF it that way and it tells me:

"You don't have permission"

??? This is my computer. On which I am logged in as the administrator. HOW CAN I NOT HAVE PERMISSION ON MY OWN CPU!?!?!

No reason why from what I can see. Permissions seem to be fine when I go to "Get Info" and check the permissions... I have all the write and read permissions.... SO, that's not it.

I've deleted or taken out plugins, put them back in, reset the program, danced in a circle for the rain god to help me out... nothing.

I am an administrator.

So, I have another login that DOES work for all of the above programs! ***.

Just not my normal login - that happens to be the one I use day to day.

I really can't understand how many programs are fine and still allow me to Safe as PDF and even the above prgrams are fine in another login.

No soluitions previously posted work.

Can anyone help out?

Thanks!

MacBook Pro (Retina, Mid 2012), OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Feb 19, 2014 8:36 AM

There are no replies.

Can't Save as PDF or export to PDF after upgrading to OS X 10.9.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.