Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Are new (2014) Macbook Air's still having black screen issues?

I have a MacBook Air (bought October 2013) and it has the random black screen issue: http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-13727_7-57616121-263/2013-macbook-air-black-screen- woes-continue/

I have not updated to Mavericks, because some co-workers didn't like the updates and I have read that it made no improvements to the black screen issue. I might pursue Applecare through my empoyer to try and resolve the issue, but am considering buying another MacBook Air.

Has there been rumour of any fixes for this issue or are people still experiencing the issue with more recent (post-2013) purchases?

Thanks!

MacBook Air, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Feb 19, 2014 9:04 AM

1 reply

Feb 19, 2014 12:00 PM in response to Sarah_Marie

Welcome to Apple Discussions

Some have no problems... other do have them.

About the best answer we can give is that if you purchase the Machine from Apple (not a reseller) in the US you have a 14 day 100% satisfaction return option if the problem occurs in those first few days. (I would suggest putting a new MBA to sleep often in that time - rather than turning it off.). If the machine spends most of its 100% warranty time being unused (off) its not getting much of a test.

Are new (2014) Macbook Air's still having black screen issues?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.