Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Search not going beyond first two “chapters”.

I bought "Leonard Maltin's 2014 Movie Guide" instead of a book because I thought that I'd be able to quickly search for entries. I grabbed the sample book, which had the "A" and "B" entries (which are after the intros, the first two chapters). I was able to search all the text in those chapters, so I decided to buy the full version of the book.

But now when I search, I am only able to search through the "A" and "B" chapters and nothing beyond. I've deleted the local copy and redownloaded the book from iCloud, but with the same results. When grabbing this book on my iPhone, I am able to search through the whole book.

I get the feeling that search is only using the sample book to search from, and this is really hindering the usefulness of a digital versoin of this book.

Is there a way to reindex the book for searching? Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Chris

MacBook Pro (Retina, Mid 2012), OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Feb 19, 2014 9:10 AM

7 replies

May 2, 2014 9:42 PM in response to picas

I like the idea, but how do I get the book off of the phone? I've deleted the book on the Mac, and I've synced in my phone to the Mac. But it doesn't appear to have pulled over the book onto the Mac. I can see the book on the "On This Phone" tab in iTunes, but it's greyed out and I'm unable to control it.

Any ideas for the best way to move it?

Thanks!

Search not going beyond first two “chapters”.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.