Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to remove annotations from Preview or export without them (Mavericks)

After annotating a PDF using Preview and saving the file, I want the ability to share the original, unadulterated copy (which I no longer have). I do not see an option for re-saving or exporting withOUT annotations. I read another posting with this goal but in an earlier version of OS X which doesn't seem to work on Mavericks. I do not want to manually remove every single annotation by hand and then save-as a new copy. The other posting suggested one could do a 'Select All' annotations and then do a delete, but I cannot see how to do that. On Mavericks, 'Select All' is greyed out when in the annotations sidebar. Select All seems to work only for selecting the entire document. How do I do this?

Posted on Feb 19, 2014 10:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 24, 2014 7:15 AM

This might be belated, but in Preview you can go to Tools, Show Inspector. Click on the pencil icon all the way on the right to show the "Annotations" pane. Command + A to select all. Delete.

It's annoying that you have to go to that list to delete something, but I haven't found a way to delete annotations without it.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 24, 2014 7:15 AM in response to applenascent

This might be belated, but in Preview you can go to Tools, Show Inspector. Click on the pencil icon all the way on the right to show the "Annotations" pane. Command + A to select all. Delete.

It's annoying that you have to go to that list to delete something, but I haven't found a way to delete annotations without it.

How to remove annotations from Preview or export without them (Mavericks)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.