Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad Wi-Fi GPS information

Hi There,

I have bought iPad mini Wi-Fi in European online store in December 2013.

I believe Apple staff here can help me with my problem, and that you have more common sense than European ward.

When I was buying iPad mini Wi-Fi I was sure it does have an GPS unit. On your store site under description, general information and comparison between Wi-Fi and cellular unit ("Choose the iPad that's right for you") - is no information abut lack of GPS in Wi-Fi model.

Your description brought me to wrong conclusion I was sure that both versions does have GPS unit.

Information about GPS in hidden in technical specification. What if someone is not a technical person and does not read it, its like reading ingredients list of a chocolate bar - everything should be in description, that's the common sense. GPS is necessary for proper operation of Gaia GPS application and other GPS application that I started to use. I was certain that buying Wi-Fi model I'm purchasing 100% proficient model with only difference lack of cellular network.

I want to return Wi-Fi model and upgrade to cellular version.

The proper name of iPads should be: iPad Wi-Fi and iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular + GPS. European store doesn't want to accept my return as I bought it in December and now is February. I didn't need GPS till now, but I bought this iPad with GPS usage in mind.

I thought Apple is decent company, but they are hiding important information. Its not a problem for me to pay more for GPS version, I just chose Wi-Fi version because I don't need cellular.

I hope I will be able to upgrade to cellular version.

Regards.

iPad mini (Retina) Wi-Fi, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Feb 19, 2014 10:16 AM

1 reply

Feb 19, 2014 10:43 AM in response to Jobahazi

You aren't talking to Apple here. This is a user to user forum hosted by Apple. We are all users here.

The iPad specs are clearly listed on Apple's web site: http://www.apple.com/ipad-mini/specs/

If you didn't read the specs and didn't ask any questions I don't see how you can blame anyone other than yourself for your misunderstanding.

It's hard to see why it took you until February to notice the lack of GPS.

I guess your best option now is to sell your WiFi model and get what you really wanted.

iPad Wi-Fi GPS information

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.