Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Restoring doesn't work anymore, iPhone won't start/charge

Trying to keep the story short:

My iPhone5 shut down because of an empty battery. I tried to charge it after 6 hours but it just started rebooting over and over (blinking apple startscreen).

I tried all recovery modes, I talked to apple care for 2 hours, installed iTunes new. tried every possible thing like checking hosts, firewall...

iTunes reacts to my phone (but it doesn't show my iPhone data on the side anymore just n/a) when I want to restore it starts but suddenly it diconnects the iphone and shows error 21.

I'm totally lost, apple store couldn't help either.

I bought the phone in Nov '12, got a new device in July '13 (because home button was broken), and nobody feels responsible now.

I paid a lot of money for this phone and I didn't do anything wrong.

Is there any chance people have experiences with this, maybe a battery change?

It's very sad apple says they won't replace eventhough it's obviously a well known problem that iPhones have hardware problems since ios 7.

maybe someone can give me an advice.

thanks!

iPhone 5

Posted on Feb 19, 2014 11:16 AM

There are no replies.

Restoring doesn't work anymore, iPhone won't start/charge

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.