Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I airplay music with mirroring mode in Mavericks on apple tv?

How can I airplay my music with mirroring mode in Mavericks on apple tv? It seems to take the mirror but not the sound. The sound stops on my macbook air (mavericks) but doesn't transfer to apple tv. the sound on apple tv itself works just fine as well on my Macbook Air.

MacBook Air (13-inch Mid 2012), OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Feb 19, 2014 11:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 19, 2014 1:37 PM

Since your question is about the settings on your MacBook rather than ATV this should have been posted in the forum for Macbooks. If you want the mirroring audio to play on ATV then you just set the audio output to ATV.

System Preferences > Sound > Output Tab.

You would be better off using the menus on your ATV to select the music you want to play. AirPlay is horribly unreliable and bug ridden and mirroring is even worse. The sound is likely going to cut out often and be much lower quality.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 19, 2014 1:37 PM in response to jphgilchrist

Since your question is about the settings on your MacBook rather than ATV this should have been posted in the forum for Macbooks. If you want the mirroring audio to play on ATV then you just set the audio output to ATV.

System Preferences > Sound > Output Tab.

You would be better off using the menus on your ATV to select the music you want to play. AirPlay is horribly unreliable and bug ridden and mirroring is even worse. The sound is likely going to cut out often and be much lower quality.

How can I airplay music with mirroring mode in Mavericks on apple tv?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.