Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Reset Profile Manger 3.0.2 without reverting to MT Lion Version?

Hi All,

We've got a corrruption somewhere in our profile manager with one of our printers, and I'm trying to reset Profile Manager so I can rebuild everything. The /Applications/Server.app/Contents/ServerRoot/usr/share/devicemgr/backend/wipeDB .sh command doesn't appear to work in Mavericks, it just reverts profile manager to what was there when the server was running mountain lion. Can anyone recommend a way to do a clean rebuild of profile manager without having to blow away the whole server?

Thanks!

MAC MINI SERVER (LATE 2012), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2), ios 6.0.1

Posted on Feb 19, 2014 12:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 20, 2014 11:52 AM

So after a little digging I discovered that if you change the name or delete the Profile Manager folder inside /Library/Server and then drag the Server app to the trash and reinstall the server app, it will do a clean initialization of the profile manager without changing your other service data.

Thanks!

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 20, 2014 11:52 AM in response to fkick1

So after a little digging I discovered that if you change the name or delete the Profile Manager folder inside /Library/Server and then drag the Server app to the trash and reinstall the server app, it will do a clean initialization of the profile manager without changing your other service data.

Thanks!

Jun 5, 2014 8:47 PM in response to FG Tech

In my case, the reason I needed to reset the profile manager was in response to the permissions being altered.

The files stayed in the same location, and upon reinstalling server, the permissions were restored.

On boot, profile manager needed to be switched on.

In regard to settings for other services, most required switching on as well, but no settings appeared to change.

Hope this helps.

Reset Profile Manger 3.0.2 without reverting to MT Lion Version?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.