Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why am I pasting someone else's clipboard content?

Hi, at work we have 4 iMacs running OS 10.5.8.

Often when someone types anything on their mac, someone else will paste that content into their documents.

For example I had some code I had copied in one window, and when I went to paste that content in a new window, what I pasted was what a different mac user had typed in their document. We are all having the issue.

We are all running iChat, use ethernet, etc.

Anyone have an idea what this might be? Thanks

iMac, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Feb 19, 2014 1:55 PM

8 replies

Feb 20, 2014 10:38 AM in response to BDAqua

Hi BDAqua,

It seems to happen in any/all apps. I checked to see if screen sharing was active on my Mac and it's not.

Yesterday I was copying code from Komodo, and what I copied got pasted into someone else's inDesign document. Someone will be having a conversation in iChat, and the last sentence they type will appear in my document when I hit paste.

So it seems to affect every app, can't find a rhyme or reason.

We all run iChat, Google Docs, TeamViewer, are on a firewall (can't think of the common denominator). There are also PCs in the office that are running chat, google docs etc and they aren't having this issue.

Why am I pasting someone else's clipboard content?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.