Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Watch ABC app not authorized to view TV episodes and get error code 400-1

For the last couple of days I've been trying to watch TV episodes on my Apple TV and specifically the Watch ABC app, it does show Xfinity has my cable TV provider but I get "not authorized to watch error code 400-1, anyone else getting this response ? , I'm in Portland,Or

Posted on Feb 19, 2014 4:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 19, 2014 6:13 PM

Do you actually have cable TV service or just internet access though your Cable provider?

10 replies

May 6, 2014 2:27 PM in response to iswho

Hi ABC viewer!

Thanks for contacting WATCH ABC Customer Care! Sorry to hear that you're receiving a 400-1 error message when trying to view content on WATCH ABC. I'll be happy to help resolve this issue for you.

A 400-1 error can occur due to Charter's new log-in procedure. We advise that you follow the steps below:

1. Clear your browser cookie, cache and histories. (Setting - Safari - Clear data)
2. Verify that you have a Charter TV subscriptions.
3. Delete our app.
4. Verify that your timezone setting is set to automatic (Setting - General - Date&Time - Set automatic to "on")
5. Reinstall our app.

If none of the steps above resolve your issue, you can provide the account information below and we will follow-up with your TV provider.

1. Who is your TV provider
2. Customer's name
3. TV provider account number
4. Email address used for customer's TV provider account
5. Contact phone number

Thanks again for choosing WATCH ABC. If you have additional questions, please reply to this message.

Sincerely,

Ben
WATCH ABC Support

Aug 19, 2014 6:16 PM in response to GadgetMan 88

Ben,

None of these things fix the problem with my Watch ABC app on my Apple TV. I don't have a TV provider. I only have Apple TV and my internet provider through AT&T UVerse. Could that be why I'm having this error message? If not, please let me know what I should do. I will be happy to send you the account information you asked for above if that's needed. Thank you for your help.

David

Aug 20, 2014 7:43 AM in response to davidfisk14

David, unfortunately NOT having a TV provider, will limit the viewing of a very recent episode from TV, you will have to wait until the broadcast station releases the episode for viewing on your apple TV. That usually happens after 7 days of the original release/broadcast of that episode. Hope this helps..

Brad

Dec 10, 2014 10:53 AM in response to davidfisk14

David:

I have Comcast but this worked for me:

(1) on Apple TV, select WatchABC.

(2) in WatchABC, select "Settings" at the top of the screen and then select "Sign Out," (which will require that you re-activate WatchABC as in step 4, below.

(3) go back to show options and try play any random show. WatchABC will respond with the activation code.

(4) go to www.watchabc.com/activate. AT&T Uverse will be an option for your provider (although I don't know if you have to be a TV subscriber in addition to internet) and follow the prompts, which in my case, took me to my Comcast account).

User uploaded file

(5) you should get a message that WatchABC has been activated. If so, so back to WatchABC on AppleTV and again try to watch any show.

For me, I was able to do so without the error. Hope it works for you, too.

ldj

Aug 10, 2015 7:55 PM in response to Brian Cook4

I have Comcast/Xfinity and have always used this app on my IPAD to watch my shows on ABC Family , This is the first time it's happened to me and I am very frustrated. My Ipad is 4th generation and I'm sure it's ready to be traded in. It seems eveything starts going wrong when they want you to get a new one. Not happening this time

Watch ABC app not authorized to view TV episodes and get error code 400-1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.