Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't open Iphoto because of a "?" on the logo on the dock

My problem is I can not open Iphoto. I'm afraid not to find my photos again....all of these are in.. Actually, a "?" is on the logo on the dock. When I click on it, there is just "option > delete the app". Can somebody help me please !!? Thanks

Posted on Feb 19, 2014 4:01 PM

7 replies

Feb 19, 2014 4:06 PM in response to Candou21

What happened, before iPhoto vanished from the Dock? Did you upgrade your MacOS X or other software?

What is your iPhoto version and your MacOS X version?

Have you looked in the Applications folder and into your Trash? Have you searched for the iPhoto application with Spotlight? Type iPhoto into the search field in the upper right corner of your screen. Can Spotlight find it?

Feb 19, 2014 4:09 PM in response to Candou21

your photos are in the iPhoto library - by default in your pictures folder and are not affected by the application being missing

The application is in the applications folder - if it is not there then

reinstall from the original source

Could be

1 - the restore disks that came with the computer

or

2 - the iLife DVD that you purchased

or

3 - the app store - log in under the Apple id used to purchase the software or to set up the computer - look under purchases - you might have to unhide or accept the Application first

LN

Feb 19, 2014 4:17 PM in response to léonie

léonie : I didn't do anything before that, I don't use my computer all days, so this is maybe a problem from 1 or 2 weeks ago. I don't know the version of my iphoto, I think this is the last one. Concerning my Mac OSX version, it is 10.6.8

I can't find iphoto in trash, neither in the finder, it is like the app was not existing... I tried to find it in spotlight, but it just shows my researches on the net 😟

Feb 19, 2014 4:22 PM in response to Candou21

then (Probably #1 or possibly #2)

if it is not there then

reinstall from the original source

Could be

1 - the restore disks that came with the computer

or

2 - the iLife DVD that you purchased

or

3 - the app store - log in under the Apple id used to purchase the software or to set up the computer - look under purchases - you might have to unhide or accept the Application first

LN

I can't open Iphoto because of a "?" on the logo on the dock

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.