Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

App wont begin to download.. Stuck on spinning circle ios7

When i go to download an app on my ipad air ios 7 it just gets stuck on the loading spinning circle thing (in the app store app) no app icon appears on my homescreen at all... Ive downloaded loads of apps on this device in the past with the same firmware just fine.... Also it does the same thing when i try to update apps.... Please tell me how to fix this

iPad Air IOS7

Posted on Feb 19, 2014 4:45 PM

Posted on Jun 26, 2014 1:25 PM

I don't want to take credit for someone's suggestion (which actually worked), so I'm posting here the answer I got on a different thread:

mnipmpn

Feb 23, 2014 8:10 PM

in response to LL

I don't normally do this for people but... This was irritating me as well....

It looks like the auto update for apps is causing this..

Turn off your auto updates under SETTINGS -> iTunes & App Store

I ended the AppStore app and the opened it and all the pending apps I had purchased downloaded instantly!

Late reply but hope it helps!!!

-no I didn't check to see of there was an answer already!

again, I can't take credit - but wanted to share (the) solution - hard reset didn't do it for me (and I didn't want hassle of Restore Device if something simpler would work.

stephanie (who HATES new IOS)

19 replies

Jun 26, 2014 1:25 PM in response to xxJO32013xx

I don't want to take credit for someone's suggestion (which actually worked), so I'm posting here the answer I got on a different thread:

mnipmpn

Feb 23, 2014 8:10 PM

in response to LL

I don't normally do this for people but... This was irritating me as well....

It looks like the auto update for apps is causing this..

Turn off your auto updates under SETTINGS -> iTunes & App Store

I ended the AppStore app and the opened it and all the pending apps I had purchased downloaded instantly!

Late reply but hope it helps!!!

-no I didn't check to see of there was an answer already!

again, I can't take credit - but wanted to share (the) solution - hard reset didn't do it for me (and I didn't want hassle of Restore Device if something simpler would work.

stephanie (who HATES new IOS)

Feb 25, 2015 6:57 AM in response to xxJO32013xx

Can also confirm that changing languages from your current language, respring, change back to English (or your preferred language), let it respring again...close and reopen (via multitasking) App Store and it works. I had issue, did the language trick, and all my updates showed up and I am now being prompted to enter my icloud info and able to update/download apps again. Yay.

App wont begin to download.. Stuck on spinning circle ios7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.