Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

presentation software that possibly works very nicely and easily with final cut pro x?

I'm creating videos in final cut pro and am going to integrate presentations which later will have video green screen placed into them. Is there any particular presentation software that will work easily with final cut pro x?

Basically the end project will be a video lecture that is superimposed over the presentation (in a corner overtop ie. powerpoint, prezzy, haiku, YOUR IDEAS etc)

Before laying out the presentation in a particular software package I wondered if anything worked BEST with final cut pro (on import etc.)

Thanks for any ideas here

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Feb 19, 2014 5:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 19, 2014 5:43 PM

I just watched a brief tutorial by Rich Harrington on using Keynote slide shows with FCPX. His recommendation was to share from Keynote to an iPhoto event. Then bring the individual slides, including builds, into FCPX from the media browser.

I have no idea whether this would be your best solution or not. But I am a fan of Keynote; its workflow is intuitive and I like the results.

Good luck on the project.

Russ

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 19, 2014 5:43 PM in response to Jack Blasto

I just watched a brief tutorial by Rich Harrington on using Keynote slide shows with FCPX. His recommendation was to share from Keynote to an iPhoto event. Then bring the individual slides, including builds, into FCPX from the media browser.

I have no idea whether this would be your best solution or not. But I am a fan of Keynote; its workflow is intuitive and I like the results.

Good luck on the project.

Russ

Feb 20, 2014 3:39 AM in response to Jack Blasto

A 'presentation' is basicly a 'manually triggered slideshow'.

A video, to contrrry, has a 'fix' clock.-

So, your presentation software should allow to 'trigger' the 'play button', otherwise, the slide/cell/frame starts showing the video instantly (=what I wouldn't like in my presentations)

=> any actual presentation software (should ...) allows that.

next...

codecs, distribution, platforms:

Are you using your own Mac only to show the presentation?

Then, I would suggest, as Russ, stay within the Apple hemisphere, highest degree of integration.Keynote.

But, if you're using 'alien' machines for playback 😉, compatibility on lowest common standard is of highest importance. In case, your show-room has some super-fast internet connection, I like to use google.docs' Presentation modul: I'm building my shows at home (Mac), refine it at the office (Windows7) and show it on some weird 'terminal clients' which do have access to internet. To integrate video, it has to be on YouTube = Google empire.

if you do NOT have a fast connection, ppt and h.264 as a mp4 is most common 'format'. Keynote can export as ppt, but you lose any 'fancy' transitions. Or, bite the sour apple, and use Powerpoint. FCPX offers very poor 'options', concerning resolution, bitrate, codecs; my suggestion is the most popular MpegStreamclip to convert a 'Master Export' into some tiny h264.mp4 and stick that into your ppt.

Feb 20, 2014 4:56 AM in response to Jack Blasto

Great summary by Karsten.

I may have misinterpreted your objective. My impression was you were trying to integrate a presentation into a video.

Anyway, to add just a bit to Karsten's advice: Keynote also has an option to export a controllable Quick Time – where you can pause and narrate, advance at the building stage, reverse, and so forth. I've used this export for complex multi-media presentations and it works well. Here's awrite-up.

Russ

Feb 20, 2014 8:22 AM in response to Russ H

Thanks a bunch for all this advice. I did read up a lot on keynote and did see that it sounds like what I want to work with final cut pro x. One bad thing I'm reading is that the new version of Keynote apparently really messes with the slide transitions on quicktime export. A LOT of complaints in the app store reviews of the newest version. I was thinking of buying an older version off amazon because the older version seems to work very well, based on reviews.

presentation software that possibly works very nicely and easily with final cut pro x?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.