Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Am not able to restore iPhone Backup

I recently backed up my iPhone and all seemed to go well. I then restored my iPhone 5 to Factory settings in order to fix a software bug I had that had been affecting the battery life ( causing my phone to shut down at anwhere from 30% or below). When I tried to then restore my backup it starts off fine then stops and comes up with 'iTunes could not restore the iPhone becuase the backup was corrupt or not compatible with the Iphone that is being restored'.

I would really appreciate any suggestions or fixes.

Thanks.

iPhone 5, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Feb 19, 2014 4:40 PM

7 replies

Feb 20, 2014 11:13 AM in response to Eren_Ermiya

To restore from a back up made through iTunes, follow these instructions.

To restore from a back up made through iCloud, try the following:

The difficulty in restoring iCloud data from a back up is that the back up is older than the current version on iCloud and anything that is restored gets removed again when an iCloud sync occurs.

1. Ensure the device is connected to your local network.
  2. Start the restore from iCloud back up.
  3. Allow the devices settings to restore (watch for the confirmation of completion).
  4. As the apps begin to restore pull the connection to your router WAN port (the one that goes to the telephone point).
  5. Wait for the time out confirmation.
  6. Navigate to settings > iCloud and turn off contact syncing (keep contacts when prompted).
  7. Reconnect the router to the internet and let the restore process complete.
  8. Delete any iCloud contacts from iCloud.comon a computer.
  9. Navigate to settings > iCloud and turn on contact syncing (merge contacts when prompted).

May I suggest that you carry out a back up to iTunes before you try anything, that way should things become even worse, you can at least restore back to where you are now.

Am not able to restore iPhone Backup

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.