Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hollywood strings revert back to default settings

I go to use the Hollywood Strings sound and set the attack and release to exactly how I want them to sound (attack about 75% and release about 90%) and then make a recording. Once I'm happy with the sound, I then go to export it via email...but then once I listen to the file attached to the email, it has a default attack and release sound. It's like garage band can't remember the attack and release that I set when I'm exporting it. I've even tried sharing it with another sound app, same problem.

In fact, when I open that song back up in GB, I noticed that, in fact, the attack and release went back to default settings once the song fully loads. But while it's opening, I see my custom attack and release settings, yet, as soon as it loads, the dials visually turn back to default settings. Very frustrating. I've tried it multiple times now.

I've shut down GB from the background, restarted the iPad, opened a new song and recorded a test run of Hollywood strings with higher attack and release...but once I export it, it sounds as if it has regular, default settings.

Thanks for any help on this.

3rd gen iPad. iOS 7.0.4

iPad (3rd gen) Wi-Fi, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Feb 19, 2014 4:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 19, 2014 9:56 PM

Never mind, I figured it out...I had to create a custom keys patch of my own instead of keep using the default Hollywood Strings patch.

1 reply

Hollywood strings revert back to default settings

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.