Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I create links to other pages in iBooks that will function in PDF?

Hi,

I know some people have asked previously how to create links to other pages of their book within iBooks. I having an issue with this myself that I haven't been able to resolve. I am able to create the links, and they seem to function within the program, however, once I export the document as a PDF file (the format in which I need to have this ebook!), the links seem to be non-functional. Does anybody have a fix for this?

Thank you so much for any suggestions you may have!! I really need to figure this out for my client.

Regards,

Meggyn

Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Feb 19, 2014 6:32 PM

1 reply

Feb 19, 2014 7:05 PM in response to megt55

Exporting as a PDF does alter/lose/remove certain functions. Adobe Acrobat has its own page navigation system.

A lot of the hidden engine of iBooks Author is basically very similar to building a website! so links and books marks are an "internal" function.

IF you have Acrobat and not just the Adobe Reader, you can make links. I have never needed to try, but I see a working link related index in the many software manuals I have.

How can I create links to other pages in iBooks that will function in PDF?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.