Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

itunes says computer unauthorized but it is authorized

after purchasing a song today from the Itunes store, it will not play on the Itunes program on the computer through which it was purchased; an error message says computer is not authorized. when I attempt to authorize the computer, I am told the computer is already authorized, which I knew...but somehow the song does not play....I unauthorized the computer, shut down, booted up, reauthorized and same pattern exists. please help- thanks

Posted on Feb 19, 2014 5:34 PM

6 replies

Feb 19, 2014 5:36 PM in response to brokencookie

If just one song is doing that, that suggests the song file is damaged.

If your country's iTunes Store allows you to redownload purchased tracks, I'd delete your current copy of the track and try redownloading a fresh one. See the following document for instructions:

Downloading past purchases from the App Store, iBookstore, and iTunes Store

Otherwise, I'd report the problem to the iTunes Store.

Log in to the Store. Click on "Account" in your Quick Links. When you're in your Account information screen, go down to Purchase History and click "See all".

Find the item that is not playing properly. If you can't see "Report a Problem" next to the item, click the "Report a problem" button. Now click the "Report a Problem" link next to the item.

May 4, 2016 4:59 AM in response to b noir

I am currently having this same problem - I'm trying to transfer purchases from my iphone 6 to my MacBook and there's "52 total problems" listed with the error that pops-up, "Some of the purchased items on the iPhone could not be transferred to your iTunes library because you are not authorized for them on this computer...." I then follow the steps given to authorize the computer and it says it's already authorized.

Side note: I was able to transfer several iPhone purchases, but it's these last 52 "problems" that won't transfer.

Side note #2: I am working with iTunes12.3.3.17

itunes says computer unauthorized but it is authorized

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.