Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

If I delete my photo stream photos off of my iPhone will they also delete from my photo stream on my MacBook Pro? If so how can I ensure that those photos are saved?

If I delete my photo stream photos off of my iPhone will they also delete from my photo stream on my MacBook Pro? If so how can I ensure that those photos are saved?

iPhone 5, iOS 7

Posted on Feb 19, 2014 7:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 19, 2014 7:25 PM

They will not be deleted if they have been imported to your iPhoto library. To ensure this happens automatically, go to iPhoto>Preferences>iCloud and check Automatic Import:

User uploaded file

To confirm that they have been imported to your library, click on iCloud on the left sidebar of iPhoto, open your My Photo Stream album on the right, then Control-Click on your pictures. If you see "Show in Library" in the pop-up, the picture has been imported to your library and you can safely delete it from photo stream.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 19, 2014 7:25 PM in response to BrittanyLynn042

They will not be deleted if they have been imported to your iPhoto library. To ensure this happens automatically, go to iPhoto>Preferences>iCloud and check Automatic Import:

User uploaded file

To confirm that they have been imported to your library, click on iCloud on the left sidebar of iPhoto, open your My Photo Stream album on the right, then Control-Click on your pictures. If you see "Show in Library" in the pop-up, the picture has been imported to your library and you can safely delete it from photo stream.

Jun 2, 2015 1:10 PM in response to randers4

do i need to be on wi-fi for the photos to go to iPhoto?

I'll be away on a trip and want to be sure my photos go to iphoto on my imac at home so I can delete photos on my iPhone to have more space.

If I do as you are suggesting if I delete the photos from camera roll AND my photo stream will I still have the photos in my iphotos when I return home?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.